- Dit event is voorbij.
Workshop Going beyond the 5 elements: internal pathways for Yin/Yang Yoga at Svaha Yoga Amsterdam.
12th okt, 2019 - 13th okt, 2019
Do you want to learn more about the energetic stimulation of yoga poses? Do you want to deepen your knowledge about the meridians?
Stillnessinyoga offers this 2-day workshop focussed on the theory and application of meridian theory in Yin/Yang yoga poses. This workshop will be taught by the passionate acupuncturist Gita Schuit and the highly experienced Yogini Anoshe Overington.
In this 2-day workshop, we will look at the internal pathways of the meridians or nadi’s running through the whole body. You will learn how the yin/yang paired meridians are running deeper into the body and skeleton, and you will start to understand how yoga is stretching not just on the surface of the skin, where an acupuncturist puts her needles. We will understand better when we stretch the whole body with asana, how we reach those internal energy channels. Also, you will learn how the meridian pairs, can be coupled differently, and in this system of the six divisions, we will show that those couples stretch our body from the points of the toes till the points of our fingers, in all asana. We will learn which yin yoga and vinyasa flows reach which organs and energetic systems, and muscle groups.
Did you ever wonder:
- Why a Intestine meridian can be the protector of the heart? And how the Intestines help to filter out what suits and doesn’t suit our essence as a human being?
- You will also experience how the heart is connected to the kidneys and the lungs as a meridian. And how this combination helps you to find your deepest intentions in this life.
- How come the Large Intestines meridian in the arm also has branches in the leg?
CONTENT OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Internal pathways of the 12 principal meridians to the organs and skeletal
- Which yoga poses and flows belong to them
- We will practice harmonizing flows, for the 2nd, 4th and 6th chakra.
- We will take a look at detaching the Yin Yang pairs from 5 elements and the transition to the combination channels of a Yin arm with a Yin leg meridian. Including the yoga poses that belong to these combi channels (6 divisions)
- In the morning an Yin/Yang class, and in the afternoon a 3 hrs Yin Yoga class with meditative practices.
If you think about enrolling for a Yin2 advanced course at Stillnessinyoga, this will also be a good preparation to connect your Yin Yoga Teacher Training at another institute, or if you have done a Yin 1 Training at Stillnessinyoga.
Maybe you have completed a Stillnessinyoga Yin2a Training and need a refresher?
After completing this workshop you will notice when you work more with this material that Gita and Anoshe have presented you with a new, fresh and deeper way at seeing this material.
Have you already followed a Yin Teacher Training and do you already have some knowledge about the 5 elements? Are you familiar with meridian stimulation in Yin poses? Would you like to learn more about the 5 elements and her Yin/Yang pairs then you have already learned at Stillnessinyoga or elsewhere? Would you like to understand that an arm and leg meridian are connected so that you can feel in every yoga pose which organs (meridians) are stretched?
You don’t have to be a Yoga teacher to follow this workshop, but you do need to know something about the 5 elements, Yin Yoga and the Yin/Yang meridian pairs.
On both days there will be tea, fruit and snacks available.
This workshops provides you 12 VYN points
Date: Saturday October 12th and Sunday October 13th
Time: 9.30 – 17.00 uur
Location: Svaha Yoga Amsterdam, DownTown shala, Begijnensteeg 1
Price: 190EUR, including tea, fruit and snacks throughout the day
9th mei @ 17:00 - 16th mei @ 10:00
22nd mei @ 17:00 - 24th mei @ 17:00