ONE YEAR MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING INC PERSONAL SELF DISCOVERY 2019/2020
6th Oct, 2019 @ 9:30 - 27th Jul, 2020 @ 17:30
The Training includes a six-day residential Silent Meditation Retreat in Doorn from 29th December 2019 to 4th January.
In this course, you will learn and practice together Meditation techniques that will bring greater self-awareness, calmness, balance and thus more happiness into our lives. The aim is to understand the nature of human suffering and yet not identify with it. Not identifying frees you so that you can enjoy a more complete and happy life.
Just becoming more and more aware of what is going on inside oneself has a profound effect on us. A physiological alchemy occurs! A great change occurs. A transformation!
The Training will begin on the personal level with Self-Enquiry and Self-Understanding, using simple profound meditation practices, before participants will be coached into how to introduce, teach and share meditation with others. You will learn that the sharing of meditation is based on the silent transmission of one own inner experience and is not just giving out verbal instructions to your students.
You will learn various forms of meditation and their overall aims, as well as learn in-depth through extensively personal practice: various meditation techniques, mindfulness, bandhas, breathe awareness and retention. From your own experience, you will then know which forms of meditation best suit you and your lifestyle at this moment and thus offer the most benefit to you personally.
It sounds serious but of course, we will also take a light-hearted approach to the matter with song and celebration!
Interested? Then send us an email, or ring, and maybe you wish to meet Anand Nigam before deciding to join.
“For me, the most important aspect is not how many techniques and meditation practices you know about, nor how well you know the teachings and the scriptures, but how deeply you have experienced who you are, and to allow this continuous existential experience to guide your life. When one has a greater understanding of themselves and their True Nature ie who they are beyond names, labels and even forms, then one can really begin to share with others and can be present with their students as they steer their way through life’s ups and downs.
So, for this reason, my initial focus in the Training is on personal development and self-understanding, continually pointing to ones personal experience within the spiritual life.
To gain this self-experience I will, of course, be sharing over the year many meditation practises and techniques, some I am sure you will be familiar with, both moving (dancing, walking, shaking, cathartic), and still/silent meditations. I will emphasise the two aspects of Vipassana – progressing from doing to absolute non-doing.
So yes, over the year, we will practise many different techniques and meditations and you will be asked to practice these at home to become fully familiar with them. All these practices I know intimately and will be sharing with you, having practised them myself for more than 40 years. Also, you will be coached on how to teach and share them correctly and hopefully inspirationally!”
- You will learn what meditation is as well as learn in depth and extensively practice various meditation techniques, bandhas, breathe awareness and retention.
- You will be introduced to earlier Masters such as Buddha,Lao Tzu, Bodhidharma, Osho, Rumi, Ramana Maharshi and Poonjaji as well as to more contemporary Masters such as Mooji and Eckhart Tolle.
- You will study sacred texts such as Bhagavad Gita, Vedas and Vigyana Bhairava Tantra.
- Nigam will also guide you through the practice of Self Inquiry as a way to self-realization.
- We will chant our way to our hearts, learn the meaning of mantras and experience their powers.
- This course is a unique opportunity to dive deep into yourself, forgetting all identities you create with your thoughts, conditioning and suffering.
- It requires effort in order to become effortless, so that you can prove the real taste of meditation and incorporate it in your daily life. Together we will create the supporting energy for this process and you will go back home with all the tools for this.
- We will also offer you techniques how to deliver meditation to others. How to provide a climate of meditation for your yoga students.
- Active meditations for westerners, to prepare for silent sitting in Vipassana
- Pranayama techniques to prepare for meditation
- Kriya Yoga to internalize our focus
Come and step with us into the mystery and don’t look back!
New Year Meditation Retreat :
“Only in deep relaxation will you uncover and experience who you truly are.” Anand Nigam
What a better way to start the new year if not in silence, in the stillness of your own heart, in presence of That, which always is, the unborn, which never dies. Together we will practice being the observer, the seer which remains unseen in front of all phenomena, of the Dream.
Love and gratitude will inevitably arise, then one realises all is Grace, in fact there is only Grace.
Are you a curious?
Contact us, we are waiting for you.
Anand Nigam and Stillnessinyoga Team
Training starts 2019
6/10, 13/10, 16/11, 8/12
Including 6 day Fully Residential Silent Retreat: 29/12, 30/12, 31/12 2019, 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1 2020.
(6 day silent retreat -begins 13,00 hr 29th December, ends 13,00 hr on 5th Jan 2020)
Dates in 2020
26/1, 7/3, 29/3, 17/5
7/6 (theory exam)
21/6 (practical exam)
5/7 (celebration final day)
Full course which includes 12 full training days and ALSO includes 6 full days on Retreat including all food and accommodation
Early bird before 5th August: €2455 (excl 21%btw )
After 5th of August €2755 full price (excl 21% btw)