ONE YEAR MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING INC PERSONAL SELF DISCOVERY 2019/2020
6th Oct, 2019 @ 9:30 - 5th Jul, 2020 @ 17:30
This Meditation Teacher Training will start 6th October 2019 until 5th July 2020 and includes a six-day residential Silent Meditation Retreat in Doorn from 29th December 2019 to 4th January 2020.
We will meet for a days training at least monthly and if you so wish we will stay in close contact over the duration of the course for coaching and advice. Thus the participant will receive the teachings during our meetings, practice at home and have the opportunity to allow their growing understanding help them during the ups and downs of their everyday home lives – the very place that Meditation and Self-Understanding is really needed!
“MIJN BOOT NAAR DE OVERKANT: Vandaag was de afsluitende dag van mijn jaar ‘Meditatie Teacher Training & Self Discovery’, Voor mij persoonlijk de meest waardevolle training ooit. Gedurende de maanden van de training en praktiseren is er een overvloed aan ‘toeven in tevredenheid’ over mij heen gevallen, een in basis altijd aanwezige gemoedsrust die zo goed als onverstoorbaar is. Het is daar gewoon op energetisch niveau ‘het natuurlijk weten’ achter de mind, achter woorden, achter gedachten. Een rijkdom waarmee in basis ruimschoots aan al mijn levensbehoeftes is voldaan. Ik voel geen vraagstukken meer de vragen hebben mij in stilte verlaten.”
“Many thanks, love, hugs & 1000+ kisses for my spiritual teacher Anand Nigam Overington for pointing me in the direction of different boats, without your guiding it would have been a lot more difficult finding the right one suiting for me. Verder voelde het hele proces als een ontzettend veilige haven mede mogelijk gemaakt door team Stillnessinyoga en mijn mede reisgenoten, ik ben jullie meer dan dankbaar voor dit fantastische jaar met elkaar.”
Nancy van der Hoek
The Training will begin for the first two months on the personal level with Self-Enquiry and Self-Understanding – deeply questioning who we think we are and the characters and roles we have played throughout our lives and we will see how they have severely limited us. Until we have uncovered and experienced who we truly are, at our very core of being we can never be continuously happy and balanced in all our life circumstances. The very core of our being is the base of the Meditation Training from which we can build our understanding of what’s really going on in this creation. Just by questioning and deeply enquiring into who am I truly beneath all these levels of projections, from where have I come , what is the nature of this life, what is the nature of this happiness I pursue and long for etc. The answers will arise from these questions – they have been asked and answered for thousands of years.
From this base of Self-understanding the meditation techniques offered will stabalise this and bring greater self-awareness, calmness, balance and thus more happiness into our lives. The aim is to understand the nature of human suffering and yet not identify with it. Not identifying frees you so that you can enjoy a more complete and happy life.
You will learn various forms of meditation and their overall aims, as well as learn in-depth through extensively personal practice: various meditation techniques, mindfulness, bandhas, breathe awareness and retention. From your own experience, you will then know which forms of meditation best suit you and your lifestyle at a certain moment and thus offer the most benefit to you personally.
It sounds serious but of course, we will also take a light-hearted approach to the matter with song (mantra) and celebration!
Interested? Then send us an email, or ring, and maybe you wish to meet Anand Nigam before deciding to join.
“For me, the most important aspect is not how many techniques and meditation practices you know about, nor how well you know the teachings and the scriptures, but how deeply you have experienced who you truly are, and to allow this continuous existential experience guide your life. When one has the great understanding of themselves and their True Nature ie who they are beyond names, labels and even forms, then one can really begin to share with others and can be present with their students as they steer their way through life’s ups and downs.
So, for this reason, my initial focus in the Training is on personal development and self-understanding.
To help gain and stabalise this self-experience I will, of course, be sharing over the year many meditation practises and techniques, some I am sure you will be familiar with, both moving (dancing, walking, shaking, cathartic), and still/silent meditations. I will emphasise the two aspects of Vipassana – progressing from doing to absolute non-doing, dharana to dhyana to samadhi. (known as atma vichara, jnana-vichara and a number of other sanskrit names)
So yes, over the year, we will practise many different techniques and meditations and you will be asked to practice these at home to become fully familiar with them. All these practices I know intimately and will be sharing with you, having practised them myself for more than 40 years. Also, you will be coached on how to teach and share them correctly and hopefully inspirationally!”
- You will learn what meditation is as well as learn in depth and extensively practice various meditation techniques, bandhas, breathe awareness and retention.
- You will be introduced to earlier Masters such as Buddha, Lao Tzu, Bodhidharma, Osho, Rumi, Ramana Maharshi and Poonjaji as well as to more contemporary Masters such as Mooji and Eckhart Tolle.
- You will study sacred texts such as Bhagavad Gita, Vedas, Ramayana and Vigyana Bhairava Tantra.
- Nigam will also guide you through the practice of Self Inquiry (Who am I?) as a way to self-realization.
- In Nada Yoga, as well as investigating sound vibration, and the Inner Sound, we will also learn important chants, discover the meaning of mantras and experience their power.
- You will dive deep into yourself, deeper, below all roles and identities you have created with your thoughts, conditioning and suffering.
- You will see it requires much effort to become effortless, but only in effortlessness will you experience your True Nature. Together we will create the supporting energy for this important inner process.
- We will also offer you techniques how to deliver meditation to others. You You will learn and practice many Osho Active meditations, these prepare one for silent sitting meditation
- Vipassana Meditation.
- Pranayama techniques to prepare for meditation
- You will be introduced to Satyanada Kriya Yoga and learn the first four Kriyas (out of the full series of 20) to internalize our focus
- You will learn the Practice of Buchari Mudra/Dwaddashanta Meditation from (Vigyana Bhairava Tantra)
- You will learn the use of Sankalpa and your Sadhana.
- You will study and understand the Pancha Koshas.
- Mindfulness Meditation and Zen Meditation.
- Yoga Nidra by a renowned Teacher.
- Investigate Death and its true meaning.
New Year Meditation Retreat :
“Only in deep relaxation will you uncover and experience who you truly are.” Anand Nigam
What a better way to start the new year if not in silence, in the stillness of your own heart, in presence of That, which always is, the unborn, which never dies. Together we will practice being the observer, the seer which remains unseen in front of all phenomena, of the Dream.
Love and gratitude will inevitably arise, then one realises all is Grace, in fact there is only Grace.
Are you a curious?
Dates of Training
starting time each day 9.30am Tea and snacks, 1 hour lunch (soup provided), end time 5.30pm.
6/10, 13/10, 16/11, 8/12 (Starting time 1pm to 7pm on this day only)
Including 6 day Fully Residential Silent Retreat:
29/12, 30/12, 31/12 2019, 1/1, 2/1, 3/1, 4/1 2020.
(6 day silent retreat -begins 13,00 hr 29th December, ends 13,00 hr on 5th Jan 2020)
Dates in 2020
25/1, 7/3, 29/3, 17/5
7/6 (theory exam)
21/6 (practical exam)
5/7 (celebration final day)
Full course which includes 12 full training days and ALSO includes 6 full days on Retreat including all food and accommodation
Early bird before 20th of july: €2455 (excl 21%btw )
After 20th of July €2755 full price (excl 21% btw)