Quinoa stew with black beans, sweet potato and grilled tomatoes
– 4 people
When cooked, quinoa becomes a thick soup.
1.5 cup quinoa
1.1 liter vegetable stock
250 grams baby plum tomatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes (cut in 2cm cubes)
1 can of black beans
4 cloves of garlic
100 gram feta broken in chunks
2 teaspoons curry powder
3 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
Salt and black pepper
A pinch of red chilli powder
For yoghurt sauce:
150 ml quark or natural yoghurt
1/2 tablespoon of honey
1 dessertspoon mustard
1 finely chopped clove of garlic
A pinch of salt
How to prepare:
1) Put the quinoa in a pot, add the soup stock, and bring to boil.
2) Stir once in a while, so the quinoa doesn’t stick to the bottom, and you might have to add more liquid if it starts to dry up.
3) Add the sweet potato cubes and do not stir too much.
4) Then add the curry powder.
5) Pour a little oil in a frying pan and fry the tomatoes whole (without cutting them). Let them get a little burnt
6) Add the garlic and fry till golden brown only in the last minute.
7) Add some pepper, salt and some of the curry powder, and pour the contents into a bowl.
8) When the sweet potato and quinoa are cooked, and the quinoa has a porridge-like consistency, add the black beans from the can or jar for only a few minutes so that the colours are clean, and do not run or turn greyish.
9) Chop half the amount of basil finely and mix it with all the ingredients for the yoghurt sauce.
10) Serve the quinoa stew in a bowl with a few spoons of yoghurt sauce, topped with the fried tomatoes and sprinkle some basil leaves on top! Bon appetit!